Games, music, talk shows, sports, travel & outdoors, just chatting, food & drink, and special events – you name it, Twitch gets it for you. A video live-streaming service, Twitch mainly “focuses on video game live streaming”. It is a one-of-a-kind collision of streamers, gamers, subcultures, and communities co-creating content around everything they are into. To stream the multiplayer entertainment right on your Roku or Fire Stick device, you must access twitch.tv/activate. The official link must be accessed on a computer or smartphone to carry out the process in a hassle-free manner.
The American video live streaming service is operated by Twitch Interactive, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Twitch is believed to have changed the face of the streaming business singlehandedly, making it into the multi-billion dollar industry effortlessly. Although you may stream a lot of things, activating Twitch TV on your streaming device is inevitable. Read through to learn how to create a Twitch TV account and get the content on Roku or Fire TV.
Step-by-Step Twitch TV Activation Process
Here’s a rundown of steps to guide you through creating a Twitch TV account, adding the channel on Roku, and then activating it at twitch.tv/activate.
Create a Twitch TV Account (twitch.tv)
You must sign up with Twitch TV to stream its content on your streaming media player.
- Access the official Twitch TV website – www.twitch.tv
- Click on the “Sign Up” button in the top right corner.
- It will take you to another page. Here, you must remit certain details to complete the process.
- Enter “Username” (this is the name people on Twitch will address you).
- Type a “Password.”
- Confirm the “Password” by typing it again.
- Enter Your Date of Birth details in the Month/ Day/ Year format.
- Provide your Email address. (You must verify that you own this email account)
- After providing the above details, you can click on the “Sign Up” button.
There you go! You have successfully created an account with Twitch TV. Now it’s time to add Twitch channel on your Roku.
Activate Twitch TV on Roku using twitch.tv/activate
Refer to the following steps to add the concerned app on your Roku player.
- Turn on the Roku device and navigate to “Streaming Channels.”
- Next, go to “Search Channels” > “Roku Channel Store.”
- Type Twitch in the search box. The search result will get the app onto the screen.
- Click on the “+Add channel” to download Twitch TV on Roku.
- The app will now be installed on the device.
After adding the channel, you need to activate it. Until the final step is done, you wouldn’t be able to stream the app on Roku.
Here’s how you can start accessing the Twitch TV content from the best comforts of your cozy living area.
- Tap on the already installed app to get a unique Activation Code.
- Save the code and access www.twitch.tv/activate on your computer or smartphone.
- Enter the code in the given field and click on the “Activate” button.
Twitch TV is now activated. Your Roku device should be ready to stream. Wait for a few seconds as the device refreshes itself before you could access the Twitch content.
Steps to Activate Twitch TV on Fire TV Stick
If you have an Amazon Fire TV device, you can easily live stream multiplayer games and Esports on it using Twitch. Just install the Twitch app and activate it at twitch.tv/activate.
- Go to the Apps section from your Fire TV’s home screen and find the Twitch app.
- Select the Get option to add the application.
- Next, open the app and note down the activation code.
- Visit twitch.tv/activate on your phone/computer browser.
- Enter the code you noted earlier and press Activate button.
- Then, enter your Username and Password to log into your Twitch account.
- Your device is now linked to your Twitch account.
NOTE: If your Fire TV Stick enters into sleep mode while watching Twitch, consider turning off Screen Saver. However, if the problem persists, factory reset your Fire TV device.
twitch.tv Activation Code Not Working? Fix Code-Error Here!
You might encounter some technical errors that would not let you complete the activation process. If your Twitch TV activation code doesn’t work, you should –
- Restart Roku: Many users have done it to fix the code not working issue. Even after doing it if you cannot fix the problem, try the following workarounds.
- Use Code Instantaneously: Unless you use the code immediately, you will surely experience issues. After generating the code, you need to enter it in the right field.
- Check the Internet or Use a Different Browser: If you cannot access the official activation link (twitch.tv/activate) to enter the code, check the Internet connection. If it is working fine, check whether the issue is with the web browser. Use another compatible browser!
Similar Post – tubi.tv/activate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It is the official Twitch TV activation link. After creating an account, follow the above steps to get a code. It needs to be entered on the twitch.tv/activate page.
Yes, you certainly can do that. Simply access the mobile app store and download the Twitch TV app. Then, tap on the sign-up button and follow the on-screen instructions.
The login procedure is even simpler. Visit the official Twitch TV page to get the option.