A prominent American subscription video-on-demand service, Hulu, fully controlled and majority-owned by The Walt Disney Company, allows you to stream thousands of movies and TV shows at a nominal price. If you are tired of paying monthly cable bills (which is big), you should definitely think of subscribing to Hulu + Live to watch live as well as on-demand programs from more than 60 channels. Read to know how to watch Hulu on Roku or Fire TV by activating the streaming service at hulu.com/activate.
Prerequisites for Activating Hulu or Hulu+
To stream Hulu videos and movies, Roku & Fire TV are undoubtedly the best streaming platforms. All you have to do is activate the Hulu app on a supported device at the official page, i.e., hulu.com/activate. Before you reach this page, you will have to keep a few things ready beforehand. Take a look at Hulu prerequisites that you are going to need to stream seamlessly.
- Stable, High-Speed Wi-Fi Network: The streaming device, TV, and your smartphone or computer – all should be connected to the Wi-Fi network. Hence, having a good Internet connection is important.
- Streaming Device: You must have a supported streaming device like Roku, Fire TV, etc.
- Hulu Subscription: Unless you have an active subscription to the streaming service, you won’t access the content on your device.
- HDMI Cable: A premium HDMI cable will allow you to enjoy content easily as it allows resistance-free content traveling.
Complete Steps to Add & Activate Hulu on Roku
Award-winning original series, movies, and documentaries, full seasons of hit shows, present and past, last night’s episodes from major network shows, adult animation for the grown-ups and cartoons for the kids, and new and classic films for the entire family – you get to watch them all on your big TV screen via Roku. So make sure you follow the steps meticulously to complete activating Hulu on Roku.
- Turn on the Roku device and access the home screen using the Roku remote.
- Make sure your device is connected to the Wi-Fi and access “Streaming Channels.”
- Under this option, you need to click on the “Search” option.
- Use the virtual keyboard to search for the Hulu app.
- Click on the “Add channel” option when you get the app.
- After installing the concerned app, press the “OK” button.
- Now, it is ready to be launched. Click on it and get an activation code on the TV screen.
- Copy the code and access hulu.com/activate on another smart device.
- Enter the login credentials – Email and Password.
- Click on the “I’m not a robot” option.
- Now, click on the “LOG IN” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the activation code to finish the process.
If the device is activated, you should be notified through an email. It will have all the details like the device, location, date & time when it was activated.
You are all set. Just pick a channel and enjoy your favorite shows.
Compatible Roku Players
The official Hulu app is available on Roku. You can stream Hulu if you have one of the following Roku devices.
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Express and Express +
- Roku Premiere and Premiere +
- Roku 2 (model 4210X)
- Roku 3 and 4
- Roku TV
- Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500X or later)
- 4K Roku TV
Activate Hulu on Fire TV at hulu.com/activate
Before following the below-mentioned steps to activate Hulu on Amazon Fire TV, you must have your Hulu account username and password available. If you don’t have an account, make sure to create one.
- Open the Apps section from your Fire TV’s home screen.
- Look for the Hulu app and install it by following on-screen prompts.
- Once installed, launch the application and select Log In option.
- Choose Activate on a computer.
- You will be provided an activation code.
- Now, open a web browser on your computer and go to Hulu activation page – hulu.com/activate.
- Enter your Hulu login credentials and click LOG IN.
- Then, enter the unique code and submit it.
- You should now be able to access the Hulu app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- You will receive an email from Hulu whenever a new device is activated on your account.
- The activation/registration code is valid for a couple of minutes only. Make sure to use it at the earliest.
- Some devices don’t have an activation code. If this is the case, you can activate Hulu by simply logging in using your email and password.
Hulu Activation Code – Troubleshooting Tips
If the Hulu activation code doesn’t work, you may repeat the activation process. If that doesn’t fix, you may uninstall and reinstall the app. You may also consider resetting the credentials just in case. Try accessing the activation link (hulu.com/activate) on a compatible browser. And also, ensure that the Internet speed is good. When nothing goes your way, contact officials!
Similar Post – watch.hgtv.com/activate
Hulu or Hulu + (Is it FREE?)
To access Hulu’s streaming library, Hulu originals (movies and shows, drama, comedy, documentary, etc.), and many shows, movies, etc. from available networks (NBC, CBS, Bravo, Animal Planet, ABC, AMC, Cartoon Network, and more), you will have to pay a subscription fee.
- Monthly add-supported plan: $5.99/month
- Annual Billing: $59.99/year
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQs)
Well, old models are not compatible. You may take a look at the Roku-supported models above.
If you are eligible for a Hulu student discount, it will only cost you $1.99/month. Check the official website for details.
Yes, it is. It will allow you to accomplish the activation process easily on Roku.