For TV shows, full episodes, and movies, FREEFORM is your go-to channel. The Freeform live stream and the most recent full episodes and shows require participating TV provider account credentials. If you have the latest FREEFORM app on a supported TV-connected device like Roku, it is time to bid goodbye to stress and enjoy your most-loved shows and series from the best comforts of your home. Go through the guide to activate Freeform on Roku via freeform.com/activate.
Things to consider (Prerequisites)
Want to watch FREEFORM original series like Good Trouble, Everything’s Gonna Be Okay, The Bold Type, or Grown-ish Senior Year? Make sure the channel is activated on your streaming platform. And to carry out the activation process without an interruption, you must consider the following –
- A high-speed Internet connection
- A compatible Roku device
- A second device that uses the same Internet as your primary streaming device
- A participating TV provider
- An account with FREEFORM
How to Activate Freeform on Roku using freeform.com/activate
Over 92 million American households with TV enjoy the FREEFORM shows and movies. If you wish to join the massive community, make sure you follow the steps below carefully.
- Press the Home button or icon on the Roku remote to navigate to the home screen.
- Scroll down to access the Streaming Channels option.
- Under it, select Search Channels.
- Type Freeform with the help of the virtual keyboard
- The search results will bring the Freeform – Movies & TV Shows app on the screen.
- Click the Add channel button.
- It will take a few moments to add the channel to the channel list on your Roku device.
- Click the Go to Channel to locate the app.
- Launch the FREEFORM app and go to Settings.
- Select Sign in to Watch to receive an activation code and the activation link.
- On your mobile phone or computer, visit the official link – freeform.com/activate.
- Enter the Activation Code and click “CONTINUE.”
- Sign in with your participating TV provider and click the Activate button.
- If it is successful, you will see a Congratulations message on the screen.
Your Roku device is ready and will display the FREEFORM content. Select your favorite shows and start streaming.
Freeform Channel Activation Failed – Troubleshooting Tips
If the activation process was unsuccessful, you will not see the congratulatory message. It is because the activation code has expired. You can repeat the activation process to get a new code or click Get New Code.
There might be other reasons why you failed to activate the FREEFORM app on Roku.
- The app is not compatible with your Roku model. Check whether you have an updated device. Do it manually if it is not updated regularly by accessing Settings.
- Bad Internet can thwart the activation process. Run a speed test to ensure it is working properly. You may further contact your ISP to enhance the Internet speed.
- When you delete the app and reinstall it, all the app-related issues get easily eliminated. You may also consider rebooting your device.
- Sometimes it is the incompatible browser that prevents you from accomplishing the process. Even if the web browser is compatible, don’t hesitate to get rid of the cache files.
- At last, you may want to contact your TV provider if none of the above tips work. Let them know that you can’t stream Freeform.
About Freeform Channel (Shows, Price & Features)
FREEFORM is the new name for the ABC family. With a Freeform account and the sign-in details with a TV provider, you can watch original programming anytime, anywhere in the U.S.
Streaming Freeform on your device doesn’t cost your fortune if you already have a subscription through a TV provider.
Moreover, you can watch Freeform without cable. Streaming services like YouTube TV, Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, fuboTV, and AT&T TV have affordable packages for your Roku device. Choose a suitable plan and enjoy popular shows like Mellissa & Joey, Think like a Man, Mrs. Doubtfire, Switched at Birth, Good Trouble, and more.
freeform.com /activate – FAQs
Turning on the FREEFORM app on your Roku streaming device requires installing the app and launching it to receive an activation code. The code should then be used on freeform.com/activate to complete the process.
If your TV provider has Freeform in its package, you need not pay anything additional to watch your favorite movies like Cast Away, Fan Girl, Just Go With It, Men in Black, and more.