With Disney launching DisneyNOW, a TV Everywhere app, it allows kids and adults alike to immerse themselves in the latest seasons of popular series like DuckTales or Raven’s Home. The DisneyNOW app facilitates your TV viewing experience and comes loaded with fascinating content, easier access, and more. Fans of the Disney Junior, Disney Channel, and Disney XD will need a cable TV provider to log in to watch shows on their favorite streaming devices, including Roku or Fire TV. The app needs to be installed and activate at disneynow.com/activate.
Let’s go through the complete activation process below and enhance your TV-watching experience.
How to Activate DisneyNOW on Roku in Easy Steps
The DisneyNOW app is designed to bring you all the exciting shows and episodes. It, moreover, allows you to enjoy live TV, on-demand content, games, and music when you sign up with a participating cable TV provider. Some of the most popular DisneyNOW TV providers are Spectrum, AT & T U Verse, Cox, Infinity, Dish, DirecTV, Optimum, Frontier, Verizon, and iOS.
Add DisneyNOW Channel App on Roku Device
Before proceeding further, make sure you got a Roku account, an active subscription to your TV provider, and a high-speed Wi-Fi network. Then, let’s get started with the initial stage, in which you will have to add the DisneyNOW app to your device.
- Begin the activation process by turning on the device. Next, you will need to press the “Home” icon on the Roku remote.
- It will take you to the home screen. Now, use the down arrow to access “Streaming Channels.”
- Under “Streaming Channels,” you need to select “Search Channels.”
- Navigate to the “Roku Channel Store” and click on the magnifying glass icon to search for the DisneyNOW app.
- Click on the “+Add channel” button.
- Once the app is added, return to the home screen.
The DisneyNOW app installation process is done. Now the next stage is to complete the activation process by accessing the authorized activation link disneynow.com/activate.
Activate DisneyNOW on Roku at disneynow.com/activate
To access the link and activate the channel, here’s what you need to do.
- Launch the newly added DisneyNOW app by tapping on it.
- Now you will see a unique activation code on your TV screen. (Provide the sign-in details of your TV provider if prompted.)
- Note down the code and navigate to disneynow.com/activate on a different smart device.
- Enter the 7-digit activation code in the desired field correctly and click Continue.
There you go! You can now stream your favorite shows.
Steps to Activate DisneyNow on Amazon Fire TV
To watch DisneyNow content on your Fire TV device, install the app from the Amazon App Store and activate it at disneynow.com/activate. Detailed steps are provided below.
- Go to App Store and search for DisneyNow app.
- Once located, press the Get option to install it.
- After installation, launch the DisneyNow app.
- A 7-digit activation code will appear on your screen.
- Now, open a web browser on another smart device and visit the DisneyNow activation page – disneynow.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code and press CONTINUE button.
- Next, sign in to your DisneyNow account using your TV provider account credentials.
After successful verification of your account, you will be able to access DisneyNow app on your Amazon Fire TV device.
DisneyNOW Activation Failed – Troubleshooting Tips
“Why did that happen?” – You may wonder. There are several reasons why your DisneyNOW activation code failed.
- Bad Network: If you are currently experiencing a bad network and the browser fails to get the link or is acting very slowly, you will come across some issues. Fix your Internet first and then carry out the task.
- Generate Code Again: You usually see an invalid error message when you enter the wrong code or delay the process. In that case, consider generating a new code. For that, you will have to repeat the activation process.
About DisneyNOW App (Is it FREE?)
The DisneyNOW TV Everywhere app (launched in 2017) replaced the individual “Watch” apps (launched in 2012) that brought popular TV shows, movies, games, etc., in one place. The app comes incorporated with numerous amazing features that allow Disney fans to gain a fully customized experience. Whether you are at home or away, the app lets you enjoy your favorite shows from anywhere, anytime.
Since it is an ad-supported platform, you don’t pay directly to watch your favorite programs. However, you must subscribe to a participating cable or satellite provider and ensure your package includes Disney Junior, Disney Channel, and Disney XD.
Frequent Asksed Questions
Yes. If you miss any episode, the DisneyNOW app lets you watch it with ease.
You need not panic. It may get added soon. Keep checking back from time to time.
No, it’s a free service for participating TV providers.